Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Trust me most days this is NOT how it looks...not even close (lol)
You see this precious little fellow? This was a gift and he holds a bottle of wine isn't he cute?
I added a little Christmas decor to make it look pretty!
I know it's weird to see the palms with the Christmas decor but hey on Christmas eve it was 73 degrees here! I love the mosaic candle holder the reflection it gives off in the evening is incredible!
A close up of the glasses with the palm trees!
Table for four please!
I think this little doggie is so cute! You see my Tally in the background trying desperately to get into the picture!
I tried to get some pictures of the table on Christmas eve. Every year we have a drop in and this year was no different! We had a total of 27 people that dropped in! I didn't have all the food on the table yet but here's a small preview of most of it! I know bad blogger right?
Where's the shrimp? Oh yeah....had no room in my fridge had to store it at the neighbor's!
G-man go get the shrimp please!
We had a great drop in! The only thing missing of course is all of our friends and family from Canada! Maybe next year?
Hope you all have a great day and the Happiest of New Year's to ALL!!
Hugs Lisa and G-man
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Trying to avoid walking around in a daze like he has for the last week.....from the couch to the bed, with a box of tissues in hand..
I guess I will have to resort to this.....UGH!
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
and Tally too;)
I am honored to be part of this fun activity considering all the experts out there but I am truly enjoying trying all the different things;)
This is my ode to the famous Christmas song "A Partridge in a Pear Tree" except my version is "A Partridge on my Pear Table" (winks;) Aren't these little birds precious!! Only $3 each on sale at the local fabric store!!(woohoo)! The glittering pears from TJ Maxx as well as the candle holders I lusted after (Lynne) it's the bling that kept calling my name ( psst French buy us!!) so after the fourth visit I broke down and bought them! The white tablecloth has little silver snowflakes!!
I only set the table for four this time, colors are silver, white, black and a hint of purple and gold...weird combination yet I think it works;)
The small plates are part of a full set I received from my mother-in-law because she said I would appreciate them (who knew) wait it gets better!
Look at the back of the small plates! I actually have a full setting of 4 (minus one teacup that got broken) sigh~~~~
Look at the back!!!! I immediately screamed like a sissy girl (lol Picket!) I had no idea, so of course I had to look them up online to find out if I could get more of the set because all I have is 8 dinner plates and I can get them! The pattern is Wild Oats.....(kind of suitable for me;)
So here's my second table scape and many many thanks to all you ladies that have inspired me to try this and continue playing with different ideas!!
These are all the dishes I have except for the ones we use every day which I may do a simple every day table scape with just for fun!
Sunday, December 21, 2008
While doing some much needed housework...(yuck) I came upon this picture of my sweet G-man! He was only 2 years old but the look on his face at Christmas signifies what the true meaning of Christmas is...look at the anticipation in his beautiful eyes as he gets ready to open a present.....Love you sweetheart!
Here at 42 still looking as handsome as ever!
Hugs French xoxoxox
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Thursday, December 18, 2008
2. I had no idea I would enjoy the table scape Tuesday so much big thanks to Susan for the introduction!
3. I survived the MRI unscathed...results negative for TOS but still continuing more testing...the vascular surgeon thinks it might be RSD Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (ugh)
4. Medical bills suck!
5. What ever happened to Mr. Bill anyway? (lol)
6. I think I need a vacation away from MYSELF! ( Is that possible?)
7. Life would be so much easier if we all had Oprah's money (or would it?)!
8. Note to self..... never go get a $40 dollar haircut when your in a pissy, ( I need a change!) mood they will always screw it up and cut it WAY too short ( evidence below)!
9. Menopause sucks! Who invented wrinkles? I hate them!
10. My short term memory is getting terrible WHY???( never mind I can't remember)
11. I need to learn how to use power tools!
12. I realized I now have a new addiction (table scapes and bling hello Lynne??) (lol)
13. You will all think I am crazy after this post ( then again maybe you already knew I was and it's just a new discovery for me, or maybe I knew...... and forgot?)
Hugs and please no laughing at the new haircut (it will grow back and not look chopped up....yes or no?)
Seriously it's a bad haircut but I do the best I can with it until it can be fixed!
Monday, December 15, 2008
The deer I got from Target with a little berry around it and two miniature Christmas trees from Michael's which I sprayed with fake snow for this year...
Gold tablecloth with three runners I made using one full table cloth just cut and sewed them;)
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
I found this image on another blog months ago and decided to finally use it! I am not sure even what they had used it for, but this is my version! Thirteen random things...
1. I wish I could be that little girl ( up there ) again some days....but know what I know today...
2. I know that there are only 13 days left for Christmas shopping and I have yet to start...
3. I know that I have spent far too much time visiting doctors these days...and it will only get worse....
4. I know that my husband has finally gained the courage to set a plan in motion and stick to it! (I'm proud of you honey!)
5. I know that my daughter is slowly getting on the right path and for that I am truly grateful!
6. I know that at Christmas I really do miss my family more than any other time of year...
7. I know that when your down in the dumps people always seem to kick you harder...
8. I know that life has a way of reminding you of what is truly important.....
9. I know that I totally suck at sending my gifts and I have NOT forgotten about my 3 winners and only hope they can forgive me....
10. I know that RMS ain't what it used to be.....
11. I know that because of RMS I have met some of the most wonderful people that I am truly honored to call friends, despite our differences, despite the distance and despite the fact that most I have never met....
12. I know that I am far more insecure than I would have most people believe....
13. I know that or at least hope some will share their thirteen with me...even if only here in a comment...
Hugs and much love French;) xoxoxo
Monday, December 8, 2008
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
First a big thank you to Melissa for this award and the opportunity to try this out;) You can go see her here! She is so cute and full of life and just down right loveable!
OK so here is my list of 10:
1. I have coffee on first thing in the morning and the last cup at about 10 PM I can't live without coffee!
2. I have a secret addiction to pastries not chocolate!
3. Although I enjoy work, I have loved being off despite good and bad days...( it just doesn't pay enough)!
4. I have learned so much about decorating from my dearest friend Kelly who I met via RMS and who now lives really close to me;)
5. The most romantic thing my G-man did for me was plan a surprise dinner for two in Jamaica, candles, flower petals etc...it was truly dreamy!
6. While working as a Flight Attendant our crew was invited to eat dinner with the Prime Minister of Guyana Sam Hinds, we were picked up in a bullet proof car (yikes)!
7. I was never the athletic type, nor did I ever sing or play an instrument but I do wish I would have........ I wanted to learn the play the drums but never did!
8. I have been to the Louvre in Paris
9. I spoke French before I spoke English it was my first language....now I can hardly read or write it but I still understand it!
10. I visited the site of the famous Jonestown Cult in Guyana where the massacre took place, it was eerie and I didn't like it one bit...read more here if interested.
Now I would like to share this with:
5. Donna Marie
So here's my list...if you can that's great if not no biggie! Have fun with it;) French xoxox
Monday, December 1, 2008
Jacob's story...I have written it exactly as he did, spelling, punctuation and all...and if I may for just a minute (brag about him)...Jacob at a very early age was a stutterer, he ended up having to take speech classes in school, at times even his teachers really gave him a hard time. Only 3 of his six teachers "got him" if you know what I mean. We have always said that we thought he had an "old soul" he's so much wiser than a child his age should be...in so many ways! Well, just last month we were told he didn't need speech classes anymore (thank goodness!) I think being in those classes toyed with his self worth and abilities. Last year at the end of the school year they done some testing, and lo' and behold we got a call last week asking if they could test him for the AGP program (gifted program). We said "yes" of course because both G-man and I have thought the child was far too bright and that's what the problems were in school.( but they wouldn't listen to us)! So last week we get a call, he is being moved into the "gifted" program not only that, he tested in the 97th pecentile for the state! Now if those who I will leave nameless ever tell me again that my child is disruptive, and needs help I say this !! "
Sorry I got carried away there!
So here is Jacob's story....... Before you read this please know I cheated...I gave the exercise to my 10 year old son, told him to choose a picture, showed him the words and let him pick out the ones he wanted, and said write whatever you want, and make it a short story.
"Look out" everyone said. We all kept on running, they were coming...fast. Some were caught by the Griffins and were taken as hostages. Each gleaming shine of daylight forced us into the dark by the blizzard that was crushing our hope of living....and love. I could never find my true love, if I'm going to run I said to myself each day, but it never gave me the courage though. Each day I would go hunting for food and my true love, if I found food I would take a single lick and stuff it all in mouth. If I found love she'd be lying there......dead. One day when I was trying to find food again, I was in a deep and long alley. I heard laughter in a room. It sounded like a woman and a boy, I opened the door and there was my true love....standing there laughing with her son. "hello" I said. "Hello" she said back. "Can I sit down?" I asked. "Yes" she said back. And suddenly we kissed. "Ewwww" said the boy. "What's your name" I asked. "Calina" she said. "What's yours?"......"I don't know....I never had a name" I said. She looked surprised then she had a thinking face on. "How about hmmmm Zackary" "that's my name!" said the boy. "Zackary it is" I said. We gave each other another little kiss and then I knew this was my true love....
Kathy, one of the sweetest people in blog-land, and a fellow RMS'er has passed along this wonderful award to me because she thinks my blog is fabulous, if you pop over to see Kathy at Casa Dolce Casa you will see that not only does Kathy have a fabulous blog but that Kathy herself is uber fabulous too. I mean seriously.... she travels the world, and still finds time to visit us all too! I am truly flattered to receive this award from you Kathy, Merci Beaucoup mon ami.
Here are the rules:
Copy and paste the rules and instructions in your post.
When you post about receiving this award, make sure you include who gave you the award and link it back to them.
Post five of your addictions.
Add the award image.
Let your winners know you gave them an award by leaving them a comment on their blog.
OK so you all know by now I hate following rules and I have noticed so many getting this lovely award .... so if you haven't received this and realize I was having a total blonde moment please take it from me cause I love to share;) I learned to share in kindergarten (lol)!!
My 5 addictions (this is too easy!)
Hugs to all and have a great one;) French
PS Jacob is dying to see all your replies;) He got very excited about this!!
Sheryl got your message this is the best one I have so far still needs a little tweaking and it was dark but Ihope you can see it;) French