Saturday, May 31, 2008

Color Wheel and Color Importance>>>>


LESSON #2


Developing a skill in using colors begins with the study and understanding of colors and their relationship to one another on the color wheel! The color wheel is a device that enables us to study these relationships from a scientific point of view and adapt them to our human view!
PRIMARY COLORS - RED, YELLOW, AND BLUE
SECONDARY COLORS - ORANGE, VIOLET, AND GREEN
TERTIARY COLORS -RED-ORANGE, ORANGE-YELLOW, YELLOW-GREEN, GREEN-BLUE, VIOLET-RED
COLOR SCHEMES:
1. Monochromatic-The use of one single hue with varying values and intensities
2. Monotone- The use of a single hue with a single value
3. Analogous- The use of a few adjacent hues
4. Complimentary- The use of hues that are directly opposite from each other
5. Split-complimentary- The use of adjacent hues of the direct compliment
The proper balance of color and its properties plays a very important role. The use of color in a room is dependent on many factors; such as size and quantity of furniture in the room, but most importantly, the personal preferences, -the likes and dislikes- of the OCCUPANTS! Many people thrive on bright and vibrant colors, while others prefer softer tones....YOUR individual tastes will help guide you but never be afraid to "try on something new" once in a while!
Cheers, French;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your posts!!!!! I am really learning!!! Please keep these on your site... I may need to refer back!!! Much love and appreciation! PS. I love the little sayings on the right of the page... Hugs.... Donna!

Anonymous said...

This is the HARDEST one to get right! We all need this advise. Thanks, Kelly

Rattlebridge Farm said...

This is superb!

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hello French! Oh I do love this lesson on the color wheel! I find that I have almost always used a "Complimentary Color" scheme in my decorating...ever since I can remember! I wonder what that says about me?..hehe!!! I bet there is a psychological reasoning why people lean towards certain color schemes over others...like monochromatic or complimentary (such as me). Hmmm...don't know if I'm verbalizing all of that correctly...but I find it interesting!!! I love color!!! To me...color and music are synonymous! I can see a color and think of a certain type of music or song and visa-versa! Thank you, dear lady, for this lesson!!! Warmest wishes...Chari (Happytodesign)

About Me

My photo
South Carolina, United States
Never say what if... Just do. Live life without regrets...RN /Author/Interior Decorator