Being a Canadian girl I thought a move to South Carolina would be rather easy, I mean after all it's the US right? So similar to Canada and we are all North American too...well I never expected getting used to the language would be so...well....interesting to say the least! So I have compiled a few things to help those that may travel through good ole South Cacalacky as we like to warmly call it;)
1. Attair~~Contraction used to indicate the specific item desired. "Pass me attair gravy, please"
2. Awl~~An amber fluid used to lubricate engines. " Ah like that car, but it sure does use a lot of awl".
3. Bad Off~~Desperately in need of, also extremely ill. " You must be bad off for something to read". or " Jims' in the hospital, he's bad off".
4. Bleeve~~ " Ah bleeve we ought to go to church this Sunday".
5. Bound to~~ " Too much beers bound to give you a headache".
6. Caint~~" I just caint understand why this checkbook won't balance".
7. Dawg~~" A four legged animal much esteemed in rural sections of the South".
8. Eat up with~~ " Excessively afflicted by. " That woman's eat up with jealousy".
9. Git~~ Acquire " If you're goin' to the store, git me a six pack of beer".
10. Good ole boy~~Any Southern male between the ages of 16 and 60 who has an amiable disposition and is fond of boon companions, strong drinking, hound dawgs, fishin', huntin' and good-lookin' women, but not necessarily in that order".
And just for your entertainment since I have to be in class tomorrow all day (ugh) I am passing out homework to the computer geeks out there;) Try this quiz and let me know how you do he heheheheehehehe~~~Warning it's super addicting and will drive you crazy!