Saturday, August 9, 2008

10 Signs It's Time for a New Job!



Sign No. 1: Your co-workers are annoying. Obnoxious people can invade your work life. Let's face it, not everyone gets along perfectly. But you need to have some sort of harmonious relationship with fellow employees to get the job done.


(not all of them but some are like this)




Sign No. 2: The environment is toxic.Everyone experiences job highs and lows, but discontent could also be a sign of a chronically depressing work environment or even a company in peril.
(working in a hospital means I am around too many diseases and bugs all the time)




Sign No. 3: You're mentally exhausted by the end of the day..
(I get tired of seeing people dying all the time)



Sign No. 4: Your boss is a nightmare. Even though this person is your boss, it doesn't give him license to do anything he wants. If you have a lousy boss, even the best job in the world can make life a living hell. Your relationship with your supervisor plays a big role in your overall professional happiness and success.


(not a nightmare but never see them which means they are out of sight and mind)









Sign No. 5: You're watching the clock... every 10 minutes.Though you might like to work, it's even worse when you are bored while you're there.


(always watch the clock I am so tired of working every weekend and 12 hour night shifts)









Sign No. 6: You get no respect. Does any of this sound familiar? Your ideas aren't taken seriously; there are no opportunities for advancement; the boss ignores you.





(Respect? that's funny the higher ups don't even know we exist)






Sign No. 7: Your co-workers act like animals.They live for themselves and only themselves. They irritate you. They offend you. They have no manners or ethics. And you work with them.


(most co-workers are great especially Terri, but the travelling staff that comes through leaves alot to be desired....)






Sign No. 8: Nobody communicates. Although we live in a world of e-mail, cell phones, instant messages, Blackberries, WiFi and, yes, even face-to-face conversation, there can still be a complete lack of communication.





(spending your entire shift on the phone is NOT what they get paid for~~hello patient care?)






Sign No. 9: You're not valued.Forty-three percent of workers do not feel appreciated, and one-fourth of workers feel that they are just a "number" within their organization. You need to realize that you deserve credit for your successes. Recognition is important, and good companies implement programs to let employees know they are valued.


(Nurses valued? Not by management that's for sure!)






Sign No. 10: You feel stifled.What kind of quality of life do you have?


(No room for advancement unless it's management, forget that been there done that!)






Yes, it's time for a new job too bad I can't leave!!! Anyone need a private nurse?



French;)

7 comments:

Justine said...

Aw, poor French! Are you really feeling that disconcerted about your job? Do you really have to work, or do you just enjoy it? Well wait, that was as stupid question. This whole post was about how you don't enjoy it anymore!
{{{{{{{{{{French}}}}}}}}}}

mrsben said...

When I was out in the workforce I guess I was just blessed as my Superiors were always sweethearts or were located far enough away that I basically worked independently. Looking back on my resumé, I had a tendency to work only for three years as boredom usually set in.

I've always PREACHED to my children, 'no amount of salary is worth it if you are miserable or discontent. You're only around once in life'. (I am a Sagittarius so perhaps that has some bearing on my employment ethics and philosophy .....smiles.)

Sorry I don't need a private Nurse (not yet anyway), but hopefully your employment environment will improve.

P.S: See that you joined the brigade of Bathroom Divas. Re Gollum's statement, ditto!

nikkicrumpet said...

Dang...you have such an important job...and such a huge impact on the lives of the people you care for. It's really sad that you don't get the appreciation you deserve. I can't even imagine doing such a difficult job!!!
You asked about what I did for a living. I started out in my 20's as a tax accountant...and found out very quickly that I would GO STARK RAVING MAD if I had to do that for too many years. I was LUCKY enough to get into a company that gave me an opportunity to design kitchens...then they paid for me to get my CKD. I was blessed to be able to work for them for 14 years until I moved to Massachusetts. I've been designing kitchens now for 23 yrs (dang I'm getting old) and I don't always LOVE it. But there is great satisfaction in seeing the results of my work. It sure isn't as important as what you do however. Where would we be without caring, skilled nurses to keep us safe and healthy? I hope things get better for you at your job!

Anonymous said...

Just checking on you today, Frenchfry. Hope your spirits are up and don't let that job get you down. love and hugs~ Carol

Bridget said...

I'm so sorry that your work situation is so frustrating. It certainly can put a damper on everything. Can you discretely ask around for other opportunities. Maybe a department transfer?

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Lisa, I feel so bad that your job is getting to you. My sisters and nieces are nurses. It is a very important job. And someone has to do it. I am grateful for our nurses. But, this is a story I hear over and over again. I really think nurses are overworked. I don't know the answer. I really think this is going to need a lot of prayer. You only live once. Please.. take time to smell the roses!! Hugs, Terrie

Old House Junkie said...

French, I'm currently amusing myself at my job by being incredibly cheerful. Especially on Monday mornings. It's really irritating to the people I want to irritate, but how can they complain about me??? "Please reprimand her, she smiles, says good morning and even laughs at work" I think not. Sometimes when you're stuck you've got to take your little pleasures wherever you can find them. ohj

About Me

My photo
South Carolina, United States
Never say what if... Just do. Live life without regrets...RN /Author/Interior Decorator