Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Design Thoughts.......

I just received my new Horchow magazine, better known as ( Holy Cow!) in this house (lol) and loved what it said about designing and decorating thought I would share it with you!





"What fires your imagination, sparks inspiration? We find that inspiration is often home grown. We begin where we're comfortable, where we feel at ease, and then we have the confidence to strike out in new directions, take chances, experiment, always building on a firm foundation of tradition..........


Then another quote was " Is it the shape that draws you in? The color? Or maybe just the sheer genius of the design? You may not be able to pinpoint the cause, but you know the effect- you must have it!




So what is your item of desire? Something you "had" to have?




I have 2 right off I can think of..... and they are my most recent purchases..




My bed...



Love the detail.....

Love how British Colonial it looks....


Love these crazy lamps! Something about the style of the shade, the color well everything.....

So what's your item of passion and inspiration? Now if I could only get the dressers I wanted...






Hugs French;)

10 comments:

Tootsie said...

I do what I like...and wish like crazy that the best inspirations would come at a different hour! I generally get my best ideas in the very late hours of the day! no stores...not after midnight! lol...My great big purchase is the bedroom set that we just got. it is HUGE and is definitely too large for this house...but we don't plan to live here forever...and do plan to keep the bedroom set forever! so it is a good trade...my next purchase will be a couple of fantastic sofas and a chair for my living room....Gloria (happytobe) won't part with the ones I want in her living room yet...so I will have to shop! shucks hey? lol

Anonymous said...

Hey French!!!! So thrilled that you loved my pics.. I cant wait to print and frame them... :)

I love your bed.........waaaaaaa give it to me!!!! I also love that lamp! I cant wait for you to get your dressers so that I can drive to SC and pick them up! (LOL)

Oh yeah, MY PLEASURE!!! :) (As Always)

Justine said...

Oh wow, your bed is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the lamps too!

Justine :o )

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Lisa, I love.. your bed!! The dressers are awesome. You must find a way to get them. I'd hate to see them get discontinued and have you miss them. You know i love your style. Hugs, Terrie

Old House Junkie said...

French, I have at least four objects that "called my name" and would not let me go. . . A framed Thai temple rubbing, a Degas print of a woman sitting on a bed an old large photo of a woman standing on a desolate beach looking over the water and a little chair of no special value that has wooden circles as part of the arm detail. Two things came from resale shops, one from an estate sale and one from a yard sale, I literally could not leave the spot until I owned the thing.

Odd that I own a small house with limited wall space and yet my very favorite things are prints. I have several that I felt compelled to buy which landed in my storage room waiting for their turn to shine. ohj

Bridget said...

Hi Lisa, I have an award I'd like to share with you. Please come by to pick it up whenever you get a chance.

onlymehere said...

I absolutely love the detail on that bed! The dressers are really great too. I noticed your note about my picture.....I need to get over my issue about having pictures taken but I promise to do something about this soon, just for you!

onlymehere said...

I was just over at Bridget's and wanted to say congratulations on the award! You certainly deserve it!! :)

Anonymous said...

French Fry.... Just dropping in to say, "What's up!!!" How ya feeling today! I looked at that Marvelous Bed again... can I have it? Okay, Okay... but keep me in mind though... LOL

xoxoxoxo,
Always thinking of you!
Donna

Buffie said...

Hmmm, let's see I think it was the candle holders on my mantel that I "Just HAD to have"!

About Me

My photo
South Carolina, United States
Never say what if... Just do. Live life without regrets...RN /Author/Interior Decorator