Friday, August 15, 2008

Tally Tales


Hi my name is "Tally" and I wanted to introduce myself to the blog world since my mommy spends time visiting all the nice people on here.. she tells me that there are several animal lovers here in blogland and that makes my tail wag!


I was abandoned and left for dead on a job site because I wasn't a purebread puppy...lucky for me my daddy worked this day in April 2003...I was rummaging around the jobsite and spotted a handsome fellow that seemed kind enough to approach and so I found myself over at his feet..he was really nice to me and loved me up! Wow this was amazing considering I looked so clumsy at the time! So off he went to work...I sat very patiently waiting for his return....hey after all I may be a dog but I know a good family man when I see him! I waited around for what seemed like hours and finally he returned! My tail wagged and I think I may have smiled at him too! He was getting into his truck~~"what"? your leaving me?? I don't want to be alone...I knew I only had one chance so I took it! As he got into his truck I decided to take my chances and jumped into his lap! As I laid my head in his lap and looked up at him innocently I hoped and prayed he would not leave me! Yes.....finally I had picked the right one! He closed the truck door and off I went! I think I was smart enough to know where I would be treated the best;)
So I am from a breed known as " plott hound" and a boxer mix.. I have a brindle coat and I am very soft! My mommy says I should have been on the "Greatest American Dog" show because I am so smart! I just like to please them so I try and learn things quickly and of course it's all about the treats! My favorites are peanut butter and hot dogs! But then again any food will do!
Thought I would share a few pictures with you!



This is my favorite chair in the house! Please don't sit in it unless you have to because I call dibs on this one;)
This is me "incognito"....
My mommy and daddy bought a new washer and dryer and although they like them I am not sure I like all the funny noises it makes! Let's check it out and see...hmmmm
The drama!!! The things I do for my owners! Sitting pretty for what seemed like forever just for a treat! (psst but the treat was yummy!)
I am so lucky to have such a loving family who decided I was worth the chance! I love my family and my "dog's life"! Please think about all the dogs out there that may need a home, I hope they have as much luck as I did! I love my life and my family!
Oh lucky me!
Hugs, kisses and a big "woof" to the blogging ladies~~~Tally xoxoxo

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! Tally is a lucky dog to have found the right person to bring her home. As a dog (and cat!) lover and team leader of three of them, I simply cannot fathom how people can leave animals to fend for themselves. All of my animals have come to me that way, but I can't help but think about the ones who haven't found me or another person who WILL take them home. Thanks for sharing Tally's story with us, and BTW - I LOVE your home and your blog! Karin

Lisa (aka) French said...

Thanks Karin!!! I believe animal lovers are the best people;) French;)

Anonymous said...

Oh French... I just want to hug Tally up!!!! :) He is so adorable. I loved your Tally Tale.

Hey girl... you made me blush... LOL.. But thanks for the compliment and I will send you that pic...

Miss ya,
xoxoxoxo
Donna

Penny said...

Oh my goodness Tally sure picked a good man! What a heartwarming story. Isn't the plott hound the North Carolina state dog? Clay had a boxer growing up named Prissy that would get between his momma's hand and Clay's butt when she was needed. LOL Animals and their lovers are just the best. Our next dogs will be rescue's.

Hugs and tailwags!
Penny

onlymehere said...

I'm not much of an animal person but I do love dogs. I love the story of how he climbed in the truck and laid his head on your husband's lap! He does seem to be a very smart dog. Just curious though did he get the duck floaty thing on around his neck by himself or was it for a picture? He's a handsome dog, that's for sure!

Justine said...

Oh Tally, you are a beautiful pup, and I think it's your family that's lucky to have YOU! I love all the fuzzies in the world, but especially dogs. Would love to spend time cuddling with you!

Justine :o )

cindy said...

Tally is one lucky pup! Very cute story. Hey French, when you get a chance will you go to my blog..I posted a (blurry) picture of my new bookcase and I would like it to look british colonial-Ernest Hemingway style....I decorated it kind of country in one photo...but it just doesnt go with whats in the case..(some of our travel photos are in there)...tell me what you think....I know that photo is blurry but do you think I am on the right path?. cindy

twintoo10292 said...

My daughter and her new husband have two dogs that look like they could be Tally's brothers! One is smaller than the other but they look alike. They were rescued dogs and are so sweet. Great with people and very loveable. Twin

twintoo10292 said...

My daughter and her new husband have two dogs that look like they could be Tally's brothers! One is smaller than the other but they look alike. They were rescued dogs and are so sweet. Great with people and very loveable. Twin

cindy said...

Thank you so much for looking at it. I "just had to have" that book case. It is from Ashley furniture....usually Ashley furniture isnt known for its 'quality' but this is really solid and seems well made...it even has one of those little "touch" lights in it. I really like it. I think I might get a chaise lounge and a floor lamp to put next to it.....c

Lisa (aka) French said...

Should have clarified~~~Tally is a "she" not a "he" (lol) Lisa;)

Buffie said...

Oh what a handsome boy!!! And a lucky one too, lol! How sweet that he laid his head in your husband's lap...it would've melted my heart too I'm afraid! We got our two cats from rescue centers...they're the best cats in the whole world...I swear these animals know that they are being rescued and never forget so they love all the more.

Buffie said...

OOOOh well "she's" beautiful then!!! Sorry Tally Girl!!!! We couldn't tell! She looks a little embarrassed int the duck float photo! lol!

Anonymous said...

"Tally's Love Story" just brought a lump to my throat, and tears to my eyes, because I SOOOO KNOW how quickly they can capture one's heart... Your DH I-S a "good man", and I'll bet they're a darling team! Bless your DH, and ALL of YOU for loving HER!!! Of course, our Belle-girl sends licks!!! Love, Linda

Kathy said...

Hey Tally you are not only a cutie but very clever for picking such a lovely family to become part of, sorry you had a rough time before. You are also soooo funny and good at blogging just like your mommy :) Ciao for now, Kathy.

mrsben said...

What a sweet story!

Miss Tally sees handsome hubby across a crowded parking lot, senses this is the man for her; and they live happily every after. (Okay, I am guiltly. Sometimes I do have a tendency to romanticize.)

With all my sincerity, I thank you for sharing it Lisa as it is also, very heartwarming.

artis1111 said...

We rescurd 2, and are as sweet as can be.The third onewe bought. They are treated the same. SPOILED ROTTEN!! Tally is so sweet. Kathy

Twice as Nice said...

Hi Lisa- My twin (twin6045) and I (twintoo10292) have jumped into blog land. We're really green at this and I'm having my daughter set us up so BE PATIENT, lol, we're going to give it a try and hope you will visit. Twin

Anonymous said...

I got tears in my eyes over this sweet story. It's good to hear that others care for the less fortunate pups. 4 weeks ago we adopted the last cocker spaniel that was rescued in December from a puppy mill. She's still scared, but coming along nicely & gets along with her new sister & new brother (who was adopted 4 yrs ago from the shelter). Now we have 3 blonde cocker spaniels. I guess that's what happens when your kids grow up & leave, you become a mother again to pups! Just had to share~thanks for listening. ANNIE100

Jessica said...

Hi French~

What a wonderful story~Tally is a lucky girl. :) Most of our animals were rescued. Animal lovers really do have the warmest hearts. Thank you so much for coming by my blog. I remember you from RMS. :) I am posted as Spangles, you stopped by my patio and you always left the nicest comments. :)
Thanks again, J.

About Me

My photo
South Carolina, United States
Never say what if... Just do. Live life without regrets...RN /Author/Interior Decorator